Friday, April 6, 2012

Halo 4 Wraparound


A concept of mine from my time with Microsoft's 343 Industries was just released on Halo Waypoint, and though it's a relatively simple painting I'm proud of what it accomplished and what I learned from it.

The image was an experiment with Photoshop CS5 Extended's 3D capabilities and is actually composed of a dozen or so instances of an unrelated, re-purposed 3D asset created for the game by Senior Environment Artist Chris Lewis. The details are a compilation of Custom Shapes created for the project by the Art Director Kenneth Scott.

See the Halo Waypoint blog post here: Click !

It's been exciting to see more and more released about the game, really can't wait to play it ! Good luck guys, miss ya !

7 comments:

  1. I didn't know the photoshop 3d tools were actually useful, I will have to check out cs5.
    Good to see you post again, hope to see more from you tom, always love your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some are more novel than practical, others can be indispensable for some concept workflows. Give it a go :)

      Thanks for the kind words!

      Delete
  2. What?! Tom Scholes and Halo?! I love both of these things.

    Art style of Halo 4 is looking great, I knew Sparth and Robogabo were working on it but no idea you have done too! HYPE.

    ReplyDelete