Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Refuge




It's not been a slow realization that I haven't truly sat down to do my own work in well over half a year and it's honestly been of great detriment to my life in general. I hope it's all behind me and that you and I will see many more timely updates in the future. Not that I have anything to complain about really.

I'm also doing what I can to be a bit less of a perfectionist, though you wouldn't know it from my sloppy paintings it's a problem that has plagued me from the beginning I suppose. I think even on this painting I agonized over the same square inch of digital canvas for well over an hour just now in an area you will probably never notice. Better to move on to a new painting as I'll forget what it was that bothered me about this one in a day or two.

In the less dramatic and actually rather joyous department:

Gorilla Artfare has released it's first book via CFSL Ink !
GW2 Commmoner's Market and GW2 Risen Cave were both selected to be in the upcoming Spectrum 18 !

Yay !

18 comments:

  1. Yay, congratulations! I love all the crazy patches, edges and textures in this -and omg, you rendered the figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you returning to doing your own stuff, it's good to keep a balance as there's something to learn from being free as well as art done to a spec or brief.

    I have the book, one day I will get it signed by you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see an update Tom-im a huge fan of your work. Your blog inspired me to start my own. Keeping up on the personal work is tough-so rewarding though, the temptation to flop on the sofa with a beer in the evening is often too great after a long day on the tablet at work! Keep it up man :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I very much approve of this o_o

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent tom, such a great use of color. Hope all is well up in Seattle!

    -B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome work! Great textures and blockey edges. Very painterly. Really dig the overall feel of this. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet -> inspiration folder

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! Great to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to see a post, looking forward to more beautiful paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Glad to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tom,
    It's really great to see you posting again. I remember when you said you wouldn't update the livestream anymore, that was a bit sad for me because I was learning and enjoying it. Are you still working with Guild Wars? You said you haven't had a chance to work on personal stuff, does that mean you contributed to a project we don't know about yet?
    Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. dear tom, you are a math genius.

    Love tony.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting shapes and patterns you wouldn't expect in landscape-type painting. Dreamlike..

    Congrats on getting into Spectrum!

    ReplyDelete